2017 Festival Info
Clinician: Sondra Tucker
Dates: March 10-11, 2017
Fee: $150 per choir, or $25 for individual ringers
Location: Grace Lutheran Church, 9076 Middlebrook Pike, Knoxville, TN 37923.
What to Expect
You will be joining with choirs from all over the Knoxville area and beyond to make music together! It’s great if you can bring your whole handbell choir, but if you can only get a few ringers together, that’s okay, too. (In massed ringing, someone is likely doubling or tripling your part already). “Orphan” ringers are always welcome, and we can give you a spot in a handbell choir in advance so that you can be prepared when you arrive. We strive to make our festivals a positive experience for both the advanced ringer and the beginner. Our clinician will lead rehearsals and direct us in a final concert. It’s a wonderful way to get re-energized and focused on this wonderful musical art.
- 12:00-4:00 pm – Setup
- 4:00-5:00 pm – Music Reading Session
- 5:00-7:00 pm – Late Setup / Dinner (on your own)
- 7:00-9:00 pm – Massed Ringing Rehearsal #1
- 8:30-9:00 am – Coffee/Donuts (provided)
- 9:00-10:30 am – Massed Ringing Rehearsal #2
- 10:30-10:45 am – Break
- 10:45-11:45 am – Rehearsal for Optional Music
- 11:45-12:30 pm – Lunch
- 12:30-2:00 pm – Rehearsal for Optional Music
- 2:00-2:15 pm – Break
- 2:15-3:30 pm – Massed Ringing Rehearsal #3
- 3:30-4:00 pm – Break/Setup for Concert
- 4:00 pm – Festival Concert
2017 Festival Repertoire
Registration is online:
If you cannot register online, please call Andrew Duncan at Cedar Springs Presbyterian Church, Knoxville to register over the phone. (865) 291-5241.
We do not accept payment online or over the phone.
You will still need to send your deposit or full payment the old-fashioned way: (note the address)
Andrew Duncan, Treasurer, Knoxville Area Handbell Festival
Cedar Springs Presbyterian Church
9132 Kingston Pike
Knoxville, TN 37923